￼German Goulash on potatoes. Home cooking, comfort food.
Servings: 3 helping
- 1 1/2 lbs beef stew
- 2 lbs russet potatoes
- 2 tbsps butter
- 1 onion large , diced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine dry
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 - 2 tbsps corn starch
- 1 - 2 tbsps water cold
- Cut the beef into bite sized pieces.
- Melt the butter in a large pan
- Add the meat to the pan, season it with salt and pepper and saute til browned.
- Add the onion and saute another couple minutes til the onions are translucent
- Stir the broth, wine and paprika turn the heat up to high til the broth boils, then reduce to medium-low and cover. Simmer, stirring occasionally for 85 minutes.
- Chop the potatoes into bite sized pieces and boil in salted water for about 20 minutes.
- after 85 minutes, mix the corn starch and cold water together in a small bowl, then stir into gravy and continue to simmer uncovered for the last 5 minutes.