Sweet Potato and Sautéed Kale Shepherd’s Pie
It’s like regular shepherd’s pie, with the healthiness turnt up to 11.
Sweet Potato and Sautéed Kale Shepherd's Pie
It's like regular shepherd's pie, with the healthiness turnt up to 11.
Servings: 6 serving
- 6 tbsps butter
- 1 onion large , diced
- 2 carrots large , diced
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1/2 tbsp rosemary
- 2 cups peas frozen
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet potato , chopped
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 cups kale chopped
- 2 tbsps chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsps worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 375f
- Place sweet potatoes in a large pot, cover with salted water and place on high for 20-30 minutes til potatoes soften.
- preheat a large skillet on high, melt 1 tbsp butter then add lamb, carrots, garlic , thyme, rosemary, onions, salt, pepper, worchestershire sauce. Cook, stirring til lamb breaks apart and begins to brown, 8-10 minutes. Then add peas and broth, cover and simmer another 5-8 minutes.
- remove lid and continue to simmer til peas soften and liquid reduces by half.
- Drain sweet potatoes into a collander. Return pot to heat, reduce heat to medium-high. Melt remaining butter in pot, add kale and season with salt. Sautee, stirring occasionally til kale is fully wilted. 3-5 minutes.
- Turn off heat to pot. Return potatoes to pot, add sour cream and mash roughly. Taste and adjust flavour with salt and pepper as desired.
- Add lamb to a 13x9 baking dish, cover evenly with potatoes and bake at 375F for 30 minutes.