Not a typo, just the meatballs. I’m confident you know how to boil spaghetti
It’s a classic for a reason! Also this combines 2 previous recipes, the hearty meatball stew meatball and the rosé sauce which is quickly becoming my favourite red sauce , this will be the second time I’ve used it in a recipe after the chicken on egg noodles, the other being the gnocchi. I expanded the sauce recipe a little to use a full can of crushed tomatoes so it makes a ton!
Spaghetti and Meatballs
- 1/4 cup 10% cream
- 28 oz tomato crushed cans
- 1 lb ground beef medium
- 1 lb Italian Sausage casing removed
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup pasta water
- 1 1/2 tbsps oregano
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl mix together beef, sausage, egg, onion, oregano, breadcrumbs, season with salt and pepper.
- Form meat into 15 – 18 2″ meatballs
- Put your spaghetti water on to boil, add the pasta when it’s boiling so it’s close to al dente when the sauce finishes
- Heat olive oil in a large pan on high. Brown meatballs on opposite sides, 3 minutes per side. remove the meatballs from the pan
- bring the heat to high for about 30 seconds, then add the red wine and the beef broth and scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan and continue stirring for about a minute
- Reduce heat to medium, add tomatoes and cream and bring to a simmer.
- Add the meatballs back to the pan. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes