Servings: 20 meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup 10% cream
- 1 cup 10% cream
- 1 medium onion medium , diced
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 large egg
- olive oil
- 6 tbsps butter
- 3 tbsps flour
- 1/2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- egg noodles or mashed
- lingonberry cranberry sauce or
- Combine 1/4 cup cream and 1/4 cup bread crumbs in a small mixing bowl and set aside
- In a large pan saute the garlic and onions in 1 tbsp butter.
- In a large mixing bowl add the beef, oregano, salt, pepper, egg, cream and breadcrumb mixture.
- When the onions are translucent, add them with any leftover butter to the meat. Mix everything together thoroughly.
- Heat some olive oil and melt another tbsp butter in the large pan on medium high. Form the meat into about 20 – 24 golf ball sized meatballs, brown them on 2 sides in the pan in 2 batches. You want them to be a deep brown on both sides with lots of brown stuff stuck to the bottom of the pan. This should take about 2 minutes for each side.
- Remove the meatballs from the pan when browned on both sides, leaving any juices in the pan.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine and use a wooden spoon to scrape up all the brown bits.
- Melt 4 tbsp butter in the pan, then add the flour and whisk vigorously to create the roux. Whisk in the beef broth and bring to a simmer. Whisk in the cream, worchestershire sauce and mustard.
- Bring the gravy to a full boil, then reduce heat to medium. Return the meatballs to the gravy, cover and cook for 20 minutes or more.
- Serve over egg noodles or mashed potatoes
Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 160mg | Potassium: 97mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 1g