Hearty Meatball Stew: Diet Edition
It’s mostly this dish Hearty Meatball Stew but the potatoes have been replaced with cauliflower, there’s no breadcrumbs in the meatballs, and the meatballs are smaller. Also lentils and chickpeas have been added to thicken everything up so you dont need to eat it over rice.
Hearty Meatball Stew: Sissy Diet Edition
- 540 ml lentils
- 540 ml chickpeas
- 3/4 cauliflower chopped into florets
- 1 pepper green chopped
- 1 onion large , chopped
- 2 cups mushroom sliced
- 1 lb sausage casing removed
- 1 lb ground beef
- 28 oz tomato diced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- olive oil
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tbsps chopped garlic
- in large mixing bowl combine sausage, ground beef and egg.
- Form into 15 meatballs, about 2" wide. Coat the meatballs in flour on all sides
- Heat olive oil in a large pan, sear the meatballs on 2 sides til just browned, then set aside leaving the fat from the meatballs
- Add mushrooms, onions and garlic to the pan and saute for 2 minutes til mushrooms are brown.
- Add chick peas and green peppers, saute another 2 minutes
- Add tomatoes and beef broth, bring to a boil, then add cauliflower florets and lentils. Simmer on medium high covered for 10 minutes.
- Return meatballs to stew, make sure they're all at least partially submerged in the liquid and simmer another 5 minutes covered.