Sorry about the back story sentimental nonsense. Skip down for the recipe.
This sandwich is one of the first I can remember coming up with on my own and photographing. Facebook brought up in my memories recently so I figured I would re-make it since it predates the blog.
- 2 slices bread thick cut
- 1 tbsp garlic aioli
- 1 bunch arugula
- 3 slices prosciutto
- 6 slices salami
- 1/4 cup caramelized onions
- 2 slices zucchini grilled
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper
- 2 tbsp herbed goat cheese
- Heat a grill pan on medium, brush it with olive oil
- Toast the bread slices individually in the pan. This way you wont have to flip the sandwich in the pan once built, spilling ingredients everywhere.
- build the sandwich in the following order, top to bottom: arugula, onions, zucchini, prosciutto, salami, peppers. Spread the aioli on the top slice and then the goat cheese.
- Place the built sandwich in the grill pan and press down with lots of weight for 2 minutes