The nutrition info on this is pretty high because the sauce makes enough for multiple burgers. It’s still probably over 1000 calories per burger, though.
Servings: 1 burger
- 5 - 7 1/2 oz medium ground beef
- 1 handful arugula
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 1 brioche bun
- 1/4 cup carmelized onion
- 1/2 medium onion diced fine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup red wine fruity
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 5 tsp butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- corn starch as needed
- In a sauce pan reduce the broth on medium-high heat for about 20 minutes or until volume reduces to roughly 1/2 cup, then pour into a bowl and set aside
- Whisk in the wine, onion, tomato paste and thyme to the pan, bring to a boil the simmer on medium high for about 8 minutes or until reduced top 1/3 cup.
- Add the broth back to the pan, bring to a boil, then reduce to medium-high and simmer for about 7 minutes or until volume reduces to about 2/3 cup
- Strain the liquid into a bowl. Whisk the butter into the sauce 1 tsp at a time.
- If the sauce isn't thick enough, add corn starch as needed to thicken for use on a burger.
Calories: 1321kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 80g | Saturated Fat: 36g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 22g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 206mg | Sodium: 3680mg | Potassium: 1079mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 17g