My process for creating this was pretty much “oh that’d be good in ramen… and that…OH! And that!!” I couldn’t decide so I just put it all in
My process for creating this was pretty much "oh that'd be good in ramen... and that...OH! And that!!" I couldn't decide so I just put it all in
Servings: 4 serving
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup green onion chopped
- 1/2 cup leek chinese chopped
- 1/2 cup firm tofu extra diced
- 3 tbsps miso paste
- 4 eggs hard boiled
- 2 - 3 pork chops boneless
- 2 tbsps ketchup
- 1 3/4 tbsps sauce worchestershire
- 3 tsps oyster sauce
- 2 tsps sugar
- ramen noodles
- Make the ramen noodles per package instructions, strain and set aside.
- In a soup pot, bring the 4 cups water to a boil.
- While the water is heating up, season the pork chops with salt and pepper, then sear both sides in a skillet. Cut into 2" strips and set aside.
- in a small bowl, whisk the miso paste with a little warm water to make a thinner paste. When the water in the bot begins to boil, add the paste. When the broth comes back to a boil, add the onions and leek and reduce to simmer for 5 minutes.
- to make the tonkatsu sauce whisk together the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, oyster sauce and sugar.
- Add the pork chop strips and tofu and simmer another 5 minutes til pork is fully cooked.
- Build the ramen bowls- broth, noodles, a couple strips of pork topped with the tonkatsu sauce, 1 egg halved. Garnish with green onion.