Servings: 36 tbsp
- 1.5 cups vegetable oil any neutral flavoured oil will do
- 5 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaf
- 3 tbsp Sichuan Peppercorns
- 3/4 cup red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- Place the oil in a small pot along with the star anise, cinnamon, bay leaves and peppercorns.
- Heat the pot on medium low until the oil is between 225F and 250F
- Cook for 30 minutes, paying attention that the oil stays in that temperature range
- Place the red pepper flakes in a heat proof bowl with enough room to add the oil as well
- Poor the oil over the chili flakes through a sieve to strain out the aromatics.
- Let oil cool completely on the counter, then transfer to a glass jar.
Calories: 25kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 146mg | Potassium: 109mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1466IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg