Weeknight Steak Sandwich
This is one of those schlocky “just like mama used to make” intros. My mom used to make steak sandwiches when I was a kid, now I’m taking it up a notch, but still keeping it quick and cheap.
Huh that wasn’t so bad.
Anyway, less is more with your steak spice on this. I used Montreal steak spice, whatever you use, know that if it’s premade it’ll be salty AF so you don’t wanna blow out the other flavours.
The Scrambled Musings Of Robort, the Robot Dog
Robort doesn’t always know what he’s talking about, but he sure does have a lot to say about food. If you’re not also a robot, dog, or robot dog, it’s best to just ignore what he says and skip to the recipe
The Ultimate Guide to the Easy Weeknight Steak Sandwich (Quick Family Meal)
Why We Love The Easy Weeknight Steak Sandwich (Quick Family Meal)
The Easy Weeknight Steak Sandwich is a quick and easy family meal that can be whipped up in just minutes. It’s a great recipe to have on hand for those busy weeknights when you need something filling and comforting to eat.
This sandwich can be customized easily with different toppings and sauces. You can use your favorite sandwich bread, cheese, tomato, lettuce, steak, bacon, avocado, onion or anything else you like on your sandwiches!
The Best Ways to Prepare a Weeknight Dinner for Your Family on a Budget
The Benefits of Cooking at Home for Your Family’s Health & Happiness
There are many benefits of cooking at home for your family’s health and happiness. Cooking at home is not only a cost-effective way to feed your family, but it also allows you to know exactly what is going into the food that you are feeding them. . It reduces the risk of contamination and gives you some control over how healthy your family’s meals will be. You can also reduce food waste by cooking from scratch, which is more environmentally friendly than buying pre-packaged food. Home cooking also allows you to create dishes that incorporate more fresh foods from your garden or local farmers market as opposed to items that have to be delivered overnight. Cooking with fresh, whole foods is healthier for you and the environment. You can make a healthy meal using only fresh ingredients that doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming.
How to Cook and Eat Healthy on a Budget
Cooking healthy food on a budget is not impossible. There are many tricks that you can use to make your food taste better and still be cheap.
- Get creative with your cooking: try new recipes, experiment with spices and ingredients, or find a new way to cook your favorite dish.
- Buy in bulk: buying larger quantities of food items can save you money in the long run.
- Shop at farmers markets: locally grown produce is often cheaper than what you find at the grocery store.
- Make it yourself: this will allow you to control how much sugar, salt, and fat goes into your meal. Plus, it’s usually cheaper than buying pre-made meals or fast food.
What is a Steak Sandwich and How Can It be a Quick Family Meal?
A steak sandwich is a quick and easy dinner that can be prepared in under 30 minutes. It is a great dish for family dinners, as it can be served with any kind of side dish.
This article will provide you with the steps to make this delicious steak sandwich, while also giving you some tips on what ingredients to use and how to make it healthy.
How to Make the Best Quick and Easy Steak Sandwiches
Steak sandwiches are a quick, easy and delicious meal. They are perfect for lunch or dinner. The ingredients for the sandwich are simple and can be found at any grocery store.
Weeknight Steak Sandwich
- 200 g fast fry steak pounded to 1/8" thick, sliced in half width-wise
- 1 large kaiser roll
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
- 1/3 green pepper sliced into 1/8" x 2" pieces
- 1/2 small onion sliced 1/" thick
- 3 cremini mushrooms sliced into 1/4" pieces
- 1 1/2 tbsp BBQ sauce whatever's your favourite
- 1 tsp hot sauce your favourite vinegar based sauce. I used Valentinas Extra Hot
- 2 tsp steak spice YMMV, but less is more on this
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- add the sauces to a small bowl and whisk to combine
- Season the steaks on all sides with the steak spice
- heat vegetable oil in a large skillet on medium-high until shimmering
- Fry the steaks 30 seconds per side, if you have something heavy, try weighing the meat down, pressing it into the hot pan for a better sear, flip and repeat then set aside and cover
- Turn the heat down to medium, add the mushrooms and sautee for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the peppers, onions and sauce and stir to fully combine, use a flat bottom spoon to scrape up any fond on the bottom of the pan. Sautee for 2 minutes, stirring frequently
- Halve the kaiser roll, spread both pieces with mayo
- Set your oven to broil, put both pieces of the roll on a sheet pan, add the meat, veg, then top with the cheese and broil 1-2 minutes until top is toasted and cheddar is gooey
- Put on the lid, cut in half and serve