Servings: 8 Slices
- 12" Cast Iron Skillet
- 550 g pizza dough
- 200 g Pastrami
- 1 cup sauerkraut drained
- 3 slices swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup Russian Dressing
- 4-10 slices pepperoni
- 2-4 oz Mozzarella, Fresh
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- Italian Seasoning
- 7 leaves basil plus more to garnish
- OPTIONAL: Whether you buy the dough, or make it, you really want to let it rest a long time to lose that elasticity. put it in a well oiled mixing bowl, then press plastic wrap down over it. Let rest for 2 hours
- Preheat your oven to 500F, set a rack to just just below center
- Liberally oil a 12" cast iron skillet. The oil will fry the bottom of the pizza and absorb into the dough as well as making extraction a breeze. A good 1/8" deep at least!
- Split your dough in half and press one half down into the oil in the pan, working it out evenly until it almost reaches the edges.
- tear half the pastrami and layer it down on the dough almost to the edges, then a layer of swiss, then the sauerkraut, then swiss again, then the remaining pastrami
- Work the second half of the dough in a cover the size of the pan. Lay it down on top, then press the edges down to crimp it shut.
- Using your palm even out everything, pressing it down and out to fill the remaining space in the pan and even out the filling
- Evenly spread the top with pizza sauce, then lay out the pepperoni and mozzarella
- Bake at 500F for 20 minutes, remove from oven and top with fresh torn basil, return to oven for 2 minutes.
- Slice into 8 slices, serve drizzled with Russian dressing, garnished with fresh torn basil
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 1118mg | Potassium: 148mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 190IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 3mg