Pepper Steak and Broccoli Slaw Stir Fry
This is already Good Enough with the bagged veg. If you want to take it to the next level of quick and easy, sub in any bottled Asian sauce of your choice for the sauce in the ingredients.
Easy Recipes for a Busy Day: Pepper Steak and Broccoli Slaw Stir Fry
What is a stir fry and how does it differ from other dishes?
A stir fry is a dish that is made by cooking meat and vegetables in a wok or frying pan. Stir fried vegetables differ from other dishes because they are cooked quickly and over high heat.
The difference between stir fry and other dishes can be seen in how the ingredients are prepared. For example, some dishes require more time to cook, such as braising, whereas others require less time to cook, such as boiling or steaming.
Picking the Right Type of Protein
Protein is an essential part of any diet. It is important for muscle growth, weight loss and overall health. Protein can be found in many different sources, but the best options for stir frying with vegetables are meatless protein options like beans, tofu and tempeh. These are especially good for vegetarian or vegan diets.
Vegetarian Recipes to Put on Your Playlist Tonight!
Vegetarian recipes are a great way to explore new flavors and textures without sacrificing your nutritional goals. If you’re looking for ways to eat more vegetables, try these quick vegetarian dinner ideas and recipes that you can make in under 30 minutes.
– One Pot Vegetable Curry with Chickpeas
– Spicy Vegetarian Chili
The Recipe for This Mouthwatering Pepper Steak and Broccoli Slaw Stir Fry Recipe
This recipe is a perfect example of how to make a healthy and delicious meal in under 30 minutes. It is a dish that the whole family will enjoy, and it’s perfect for those nights when you don’t have much time to spend in the kitchen.
- 350 g fast fry steak
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp white wine dry or Chinese cooking sherry
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp sriracha or sambal oelek / chili garlic sauce
- 1 bag broccoli slaw about 280g or any hearty crunchy slaw mix of choice
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tbsp ginger grated
- 280 g bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp white rice vinegar
- green onions
- sesame seeds
- pound the steak to 1/8" thick, or until almost doubled in surface area, then slice into 2" squares and place in a ziplock bag
- Add remaining meat ingredients, or if you're using an off the shelf sauce still add the corn starch.
- Press air out of the bag, seal and massage until fully coated. Allow to marinade at least 15 minutes
- On medium high heat bring a wok or large pan to ripping hot, add vegetable oil to coat
- Dump the meat and marinade into the pan and stir fry until most to all of the meat is browned or about 2-3 minutes
- Remove meat from the pan, leaving any juices. Add all veg and stir fry until beginning to soften, 2-3 minutes
- Return the meat to the pan and continue to stir fry another 1-2 minutes until fully combined
- Serve optionally garnished with green onion and sesame seeds