Maple Candied Bacon Pot Brownies
If you’re some kinda nerd and don’t want to get high, just use regular butter
A sous vide isn’t necessary but makes the process much easier as you don’t need to monitor the butter for an even temperature.
Maple Candied Bacon Pot Brownies
Servings: 36 Brownies
The Cannabis Butter
- 7-14 g Marijuana finely ground
- 1 lb butter melted
- 50 g Cannabis butter melted
- 50 g Cannabis butter room temperature
- 100 g dark chocolate melted, cooled
- 2 large egg
- 100 g sugar
- 50 g flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 15 g cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp coarse ground salt
- 150 g digestive cookies crushed fine
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 2 tbsp 10% cream
- 7 strips bacon thick cut
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- To decarb the weed, place it in a freezer safe ziplock and sous vide it at 203F for 1 hour
- Once the weed is decardboxylated, add it to a pickling mason jar, pour in the melted butter and whisk to combine. Allow your sous vide to cool to 185F and then sous vide the jar of butter for 4 hours. Consider covering your pot with tin foil as these temperatures are hot enough to cause evaporation and replenishing the water will drop the temp.
- strain the butter through cheese cloth into a container, pressing the last bit to get it all. Allow the butter to solidify in the fridge over night. Discard the weed or save it for cannabis tea.
- Once the butter is solid, use it how you’d use normal butter!
- Preheat your oven to 355F and line an 8″ x 8″ baking pan with parchment paper
- Mix together the cookie crumbs, milk powder, 2 tbsp maple syrup, the room temperature butter and the cream and the salt. When properly combined it should be thick and stick together easily when squeezed in your hand. Spread it evenly into the pan to form the base of the brownies.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the eggs and sugar.
- Combine the melted butter and melted chocolate, then fold it into the eggs and sugar
- In another bowl evenly combine the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder, then sift it into the eggs and sugar and stir to fully combine into a thick batter.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread it evenly. Cook 20 minutes or more until the top begins to crack and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Once cooked, top with candied bacon.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lay the bacon on a 9×13 baking sheet. A silicone baking mat is highly recommended as things are gonna get sticky! If you dont have one, do not use foil or parchment, lay them direct on the pan because they’re gonna get crumbled anyway so scraping them off the pan isn’t a big deal and it’s easier than picking foil off them!
- Brush the bacon strips with half the maple syrup, sprinkle with half the brown sugar and brush again to spread the sugar
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400F. Then remove the pan from the oven, flip the strips and brush on and sprinkle the remaining syrup and sugar. Bake for another 7-10 minutes.
- Once the bacon cools and begins to harden finely chop it and sprinkle onto the brownies.
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 192mg | Potassium: 79mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 452IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg