It’s currently in the neighbourhood of -15C in Toronto today. I wanted grilled cheese, but didn’t have any bread. So I made bread.
It's currently in the neighbourhood of -15C in Toronto today. I wanted grilled cheese, but didn't have any bread. So I made bread.
Servings: 2 serving
- 5 1/4 cups flour
- 3 tbsps sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsps salt
- 1 1/2 tbsps yeast
- 2 cups water warm
- Add all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Add water and mix with a wooden spoon til a single ball is formed. About 1 minute.
- Knead the dough, folding it over on itself for 5 minutes.
- Oil a baking sheet, split the dough into 2 separate loafs and roll them on the oiled sheet til they are smooth.
- Place loaves diagonally on the sheet. Cover with a kitchen towel, turn oven to 350F and allow the dough to rest for 25 minutes.
- Cut 2 diagonal slices in the top of each loaf about 1/4" deep, place in the oven for about 45 minutes.