Normally you would make this with slow cooked carnitas, but I didn’t want to wait 6 hours for my sandwich.
Servings: 3 sandwiches
For The Sauce
- 10 oz diced tomatoes
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cilantro plus more for garnish
- 3 chipotle peppers adobo sauce minced
- 2 tsp adobo sauce from the chiles
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 lb Pork Loin shaved
- 1 small onion diced
- 4 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper diced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 cup orange juice
- vegetable oil
- 1 french breadstick
- 2 cups guacamole
- 2-3 pickled jalapenos sliced
- Add all the sauce ingredients except the broth to a pot and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes,
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss the meat with the oregano and cumin til fully coated
- Heat some vegetable oil in a skillet on medium high. Add the meat and cook til no longer pink. Remove the meat with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the onion, garlic and jalapeno and some salt and pepper to the pan and cook til the onion and jalapeno are soft- 5-8 minutes
- Pour in the orange juice and bring to a rolling boil then reduce to simmer. Add the meat back to the pan and braise til liquid is about half. 15-20 minutes.
- Build sandwiches with gaucamole and pickled jalapenos, serve with sauce for dipping.