Sous Vide French Dip Sandwich
I’ll never roast a roast in the oven again. Sous vide roast FOR LIFE. So tender and flavourful.
24 hour sous vide french dip sandwich. Roast Beef Au Jus
Servings: 3 sandwiches
- 2 lb beef roast I used top sirloin
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3 10 in crusty roll halved horizontally
- 1/3 cup aioli I used roasted garlic
- 2 large red pepper halved, seeds remove
- 1 large spanish onion sliced into 1/8" strips
- 1/4 cup butter
- olive oil
- 9 slices gouda cheese each slice split in half
- Preheat your sous vide water to 140F
- liberally season all sides with salt and pepper then sear all sides in a pan on medium-high heat- about 2-3 minutes per side
- Place the roast in a ziplock bag, crush in a garlic clove and the add the bay leaf
- Deglaze the pan with the red wine, then add the beef broth and simmer for a couple minutes
- Allow the wine and broth to cool below 140F then add it to the bag with the roast.
- Press out all the air and sous vide for 24 hours. cover your water as much as possible to minimize loss from condensation. Top up with hot water as needed.
- When the roast is done, heat a pan with oil on medium- high
- Remove the roast from the bag with tongs and pat dry on all sides, then sear again on the 2 big sides, 2-3 mins per side
- While the roast sears strain the juices from the bag through a sieve into a measuring cup
- Roast the peppers cut side down for 30 minutes at 450F.
- When the peppers finish, wrap them in tinfoil and let them sit for 10 minutes to steam the skins. After 10 minutes pull the skins off, then slice into 1/4" strips
- Add olive oil to a large pan on medium heat, once shimmering melt in the butter and add the onions
- Saute for 30-40 minutes on low to medium low, covered. Stir the onions every 5-8 minutes until caramelized a deep brown
Making the sandwiches
- Turn on your broiler
- Place the bread cut side up on a baking sheet. Spread the top piece with the aioli, pile the meat on the bottom liberally, then add peppers and onions then 6 gouda halves spread over the bottom pile evenly
- Broil the sandwiches for 2-3 minutes or until the garlic side is toasted and the cheese is fully melted.
- Place the lid on the sandwich, cut in half and serve with jus and a side of pepperoncinci
Calories: 1039kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 92g | Fat: 61g | Saturated Fat: 31g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 324mg | Sodium: 6265mg | Potassium: 1406mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 4407IU | Vitamin C: 280mg | Calcium: 1516mg | Iron: 8mg