Roasted Italian Sausage and Pepper Sandwich
Italian Roasted Sausage and Pepper Sandwich
Servings: 3 Sandwiches
- 1 medium Yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 medium orange bell pepper sliced
- 1 medium red pepper sliced
- 2 large Italian hot pepper seeded and sliced
- 4 large Italian Sausage sliced thick
- 3 tbsp italian seasoning
- 3 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium onion sliced
- 3 cups Mozzarella, Fresh shredded
- 3/4 cups grated parmesan
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 3 8" crusty roll
- 3/4 cups fresh basil chiffoned
- butter or margarine for toasting the bread
- Preheat your oven to 400F
- In a large mixing bowl combine the peppers, sausage, onion, garlic, oil and Italian Seasoning. Toss vigorously to evenly coat everything with the oil and spices.
- Evenly spread the sausage and peppers into a large baking dish and roast for 1 hour at 400F.
- When the peppers and sausage are done, remove from the oven and turn on the broiler. Add the marinara sauce to the baking dish and fold it in with a large spoon.
- Cut open the buns and place them on a metal baking tray, butter both sides. Add sausages and peppers to one side of each bun and top with both cheeses. Broil for 60-90 seconds on high til the mozzarella is loose and gooey
- Remove the sandwiches from the oven, add fresh basil, cut in half and serve