I have an addiction to Mediterranean wraps! This is my third time making gyros a different way and I think my fifth or sixth wrap in general. So good!
Servings: 5 wraps
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp chopped garlic
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 lbs Pork Loin
- 1 tsp salt
- half large onion
Rest of the Sandwich
- 2 roma tomatoes sliced into half moons
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2-3 cups feta crumbled
- 1 head green leaf lettuce shredded
- hot sauce of choice
- 2-3 cups tzatziki sauce
- Slice the pork loin into thin cutlets, trimming any fat and grizzle.
- Place the cutlets under a sheet of plastic wrap and hammer thin with a mallet
- Whisk together the marinade ingredients in a large bowl then fold in the meat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Poke a 10" or larger skewer through the half onion and place it flat side down in a large oven safe pan
- Layer the meat on the skewer pressing occasionally to keep tight
- If necessary add extra skewers at an angle to help sturdy the meat pile
- Roast the meat at 400F for 2 hours.
- To assemble the sandwiches carve off some meat, then fry it briefly and add it to a grilled pita with desired toppings.