Porchetta and Beer Rapini Melt
No posts for 7 months, but I’m back with a new sandwich! Chopped porchetta and beer sauteed rapini with gruyere and emental cheese!
Porchetta and Rapini Melt
Chopped porchetta and beer sauteed rapini with gruyere and emental cheese!
Servings: 4 sandwiches
- 1 bunch rapini washed and dried
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1 lb porchetta chopped
- 4 buns kaiser buns halved
- 8 slices gruyere cheese
- 8 slices ementhal cheese
- After rapini is washed and dried, chop it into 2 inch lengths
- saute chilli peppers and garlic in oil in a medium skillet, 3-5 minutes
- When flakes and garlic are fragrant, add rapini and beer to pan, turn rapini to coat in flakes and garlic. Raise heat to high til beer boils then reduce to medium, cover and cook 5 minutes until rapini is al dente
- remove rapini from pan and dump most of whatever beer is left, you need enough to produce steam to melt the cheese.
- return 1/4 of rapini to the pan, top with 1/4 the porchetta and 2 slices of each cheese (4 slices total). Cover the pan and let the cheese melt- about 60-90 seconds.
- use a large spatula to place everything on a kaiser, repeat for other 3 sandwiches