Marge Simpson’s Porkchops
In season 2, Episode 9 of the Simpsons, Marge describes her porkchop seasoning recipe to Homer. I had everything on hand except chervil. A quick trip to my favourite spice store and I was ready to make my own!
I was also craving ceasar salad and had been meaning to try a new roasted carrot recipe for some time.
Marge Simpson's Porkchops
For The Porkchops
- 6 porkchops
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1/2 tsp chervil
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- apple sauce
For the Carrots
- 3 carrot large , peeled and sliced diagonally
- 6 - 8 white mushrooms , sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsps thyme
- olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- salt pepper and
For The Salad
- 1 romaine lettuce head , torn up
- 2 cups croutons
- 1 cup bacon bits
- 1 - 2 cups parmesan grated fresh
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Toss carrots in a large bowl with olive oil, half the garlic and half the thyme.
- Arrange carrots in single layer on a baking sheet, place in the oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, add the mushrooms to the pan evenly and roast another 15 minutes.
- Toss the mushrooms with the rest of the garlic, thyme and olive oil and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl combine all the salad ingredients except the dressing and romano.
- Combine all the porkchop spices in a small bowl, then rub both sides of the pork chops with it.
- Fry the pork chops with oil in a large pan til desired doneness.
- Just before serving, toss the salad with the dressing, then add the romano and toss more.