AKA Roasted red pepper and garlic sauce.
Servings: 32 tbsp
- 2 whole red pepper stickers removed
- 8 large jalapeno pepper rough chopped, de-seeded
- 5 large garlic smashed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tsp salt
- preheat the oven to 400F
- Roast the peppers and garlic- the peppers need 30 minutes, the garlic needs 15. When you take the garlic out, turn the peppers before returning them to the oven.
- Place the peppers in a bowl and cover, allow to steam for 10 minutes to make peeling easy
- peel off the burned pepper skin. Discard the skin, remove the steam, seeds and cartilage.
- Add everything to a food processor and process to desired consistency. I like mine pretty chunky
Calories: 7kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 113mg | Potassium: 19mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 47IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg