RECIPE UPDATED: See Chilli Chicken: The Sequel
So there’s this little place on a side street just behind Toronto City Hall. I can never remember the name of it so I just call it chilli chicken. Because they make a delicious chicken dish with chilli sauce.
- 1 cup cocoa powder cola (must be regular not diet) of
- 1/4 u2013 1/3 cup sriracha
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 2 pepper u2033 green chopped into squares
- 1 onion large chopped into large pieces
- 1 cup rice , cooked
- 2 chicken breast large cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tbsp cumin
- In a wok or large pan, heat oil and fry the garlic for a minute. Add the coke and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the sriracha a bit at a time and taste as you go to make sure itu2019s as spicy as you want. Allow the sauce to simmer til reduced by half.
- Add the chicken, season with cumin and pepper. Toss to coat with the sauce and cook til no longer pink
- Add the pepper and onions and cook, stirring occasionally for another 5 minutes til the vegetables begin to soften.
- Serve on rice or chow mein noodles.