- 3 chicken breast cubed
- 2 medium russet potatoes cubed
- 2 medium yellow onion chopped
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 1 liter whole milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp old bay seasoning
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp butter or margaraine
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp copped garlic
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 medium crusty bread loaves (optional) hollowed to make bread bowls
- heat oil in a large pot on medium-high. Add chicken and pepper and stir to combine. Sear til no longer pink then remove from pot with a slotted spoon to keep the juices. 5-8 minutes
- Add the onions, garlic, old bay, thyme. Stir to combine then saute til onions are soft and mixture is fragrant.
- Melt in the butter then stir in the flour. Once fully combined add the broth and milk and bring to a roiling boil on high heat.
- Add potatoes and frozen veggies then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer covered for 20 minutes. stirring and tasting occasionally
- Uncover, add chicken and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally
- add celery and simmer another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Tasting and adjusting seasoning with salt and pepper.
- If you'd prefer a thicker and / or bolder flavour continue to simmer uncovered after this, tasting frequently (every 5 minutes or so)
- Serve in bread bowls... or don't. I'm not your supervisor.