CBC Breakfast Melt: Chorizo Bacon Cheddar
CBC: Chorizo Bacon Cheddar
Servings: 1 sandwich
- 2 slices white bread toasted
- 1 tbsp mayonaise
- 1 tsp HP sauce
- 4 slices bacon hand cut 1/4" from a small block, pieces should be about 3" x 2" x 1/4"
- 6 slices chorizo cut 1/4" thick on a bias
- 5-8 pickled jalapenos see recipe link above
- 3-4 cherry tomato halved
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Heat a medium cast iron skillet on medium heat until sizzling, lay out the bacon and sausage, add a bacon press on top and fry for 2 minutes until darkened and crisp, turn the pieces and repeat for another 2 minutes
- While the meat cooks spread one piece of toast with mayo
- When the meat is dont cooking arrange it in the pan to be about the size of a bread slice, with the bacon slices on the bottom and the chorizo spread around on top
- spread the tomatoes and jalapenos onto and among the meat, the sprinkle all the cheese on top evenly. Dont worry about it falling down around the meat, that will all brown and crisp up for added deliciousness!
- add a teaspoon of water to the pan and cover for another 2-3 minutes until the center cheese is melted and the cheese around the edges is brown and crisp.
- transfer the whole pile to the piece of toast with mayo, drizzle sparingly with HP sauce, top with second piece of toast, cut in half and serve.
Calories: 802kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 62g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 2490mg | Potassium: 525mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1902IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 419mg | Iron: 4mg