Cajun Shrimp on zucchini noodles with sauted spinach and cherry tomatoes in a white wine sauce
Cajun Shrimp on zucchini noodles with sauted shrimp and cherry tomatoes in a white wine sauce
Servings: 3 servings
- 8 oz spinach
- 1 pint cherry tomato halved
- 400 g Preecooked shrimp
- 1 large onion
- 6 zucchinis spiralized
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or basil chopped fine
- 2-4 tbsp lemon juice
- Put the zucchini noodles in a cheese cloth and wring out as much moisture as you can. Then saute in oil and salt for 8-10 minutes til limp. Remove from pan and set aside
- Drain the shrimp, then place in a large mixing bowl, coat with 2 tbsp lemon juice and oil. Add 1 tbsp cajun seasoning and toss til shrimps are fully coated.
- Turn pan heat to high and add shrimp, saute 8-10 minutes or until liquid is gone. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside. Be sure to keep as much extra dried bits in the pan.
- Add 1 tbsp butter to the pan and allow to melt. Add onions and garlic and season with salt. Saute for 3-5 minutes til onions soften and begin to become translucent.
- Then add spinach, tossing to coat the leaves. Cover the pan and allow to fully wilt- 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes to the pan and saute uncovered for 5 minutes or so til tomatoes begin to wilt. Remove everything from the pan and set aside.
- Turn the heat to high, then de-glaze the pan with the white wine and remaining lemon juice. Once the liquid is bubbling melt in the remaining butter and cajun seasoning, then stir to combine, scraping the bottom of the pan.
- Add all previous ingredients back to the pan along with the basil or cilantro. Toss to coat everything in the sauce then serve.