Cajun Bourbon Rib Eye with Red Beans and Rice
Cajun Bourbon Rib-Eye with Red Beans and Rice
Servings: 2 servings
The steak and marinade
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard whole grain
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 1lb rib eye steaks
- 3 tbsp butter
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- 1 540ml can red kidney beans drained
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp worchestshire sauce
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 lb smoked sausage chopped (preferrably andouille, but kolbasa works too)
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 3 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 cup tomato sauce (or 5.5 oz tomato paste mixed with 4oz water)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 4 stalks okra chopped
- 1/3 cup white wine lemon juice works too.
- 2 tsp creole or cajun seasoning
Steaks and Sauce
- Whisk together all the marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl. Set aside 1/3 cup of the marinade. Place the steaks in a ziplock bag, add the marinade, press the air out of the bag, seal and massage til steaks are coated in the marinade. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade, pat dry and cook to desired done-ness.
- While the steaks cook, add the 1/3 cup marinade to a sauce pan and bring to a simmer. Melt in the butter, remove from the heat and whisk thoroughly to combine, lower heat to low and cover.
- In a medium sauce pan stir together the tomato sauce, worchestershire sauce, hot sauce and granulated garlic. Bring to a boil on high then reduce to a simmer on medium. Add the beans and cook uncovered for 10 minutes
- Add some vegetable oil to a skillet and heat on high til crackling. Add the sausage and fry til dark brown, stirring constantly. 3-5 minutes
- Remove the sausage from the pan and add the onions. Saute til dark brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the okra, garlic, seasoning and celery and continue stirring another 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and scrape the bottom of the pan. Continue stirring another 2-4 minutes til liquid is all but gone.
- Stir all the vegetables into the red bean pot, bring to a boil and reduce a simmer and continue cooking another 10 minutes.