Spanakopitas Recipe by Raymond Selzer
Servings: 16 serving
- of 2 packs spinach frozen 10 oz
- 1 onion large , chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped fresh
- 8 - 12 oz feta , crumbled
- 4 eggs , beaten
- 1 24 oz phyllo dough packages
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- salt pepper and
- 1 1/2 tbsps chopped garlic
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place spinach in a colander and press firmly to get rid of most of the excess liquid
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil in a large pan. When the onions have softened stir in the spinach and season liberally with salt. Continue to saute for 8-10 minutes until most of the moisture is gone.
- Put the spinach into a large mixing bowl and set aside to cool for a bit then stir in eggs, feta and parmesan.
- Lay a phyllo sheet on a work surface, brush it liberally with olive oil, place another sheet on top and repeat so there are 4 layers.
- Add 4 1 tbsp piles of spinach at one end of the dough, spread equally apart.
- Use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut 4 strips
- Fold each strip into a triangle shape, here's a video on the technique https://youtu.be/FVnbFR4SnGU?t=2m9s then place triangles in a greased baking pan.
- Repeat 4-7 until you run out of sheets and filling.
- Bake triangles at 350F for 30 minutes.