So here’s my dilemma, I have 2 salmon fillets in the fridge, I’ve found an awesome recipe and made a shopping list and everything. Then I go to the grocery store and a block of paneer catches my eye and on top of that I know I’ll be down on Spadina later in the day where I can get some of those sweet metal curry serving bowls. The salmon lost.
I’m not sure how I should feel that I passed over a meat dish to make a vegetarian dish.
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- kosher salt
- 12 oz Paneer , cut into cubes 1 u2033
- 1 lb spinach forzen , chopped
- 1 onion medium , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger minced root
- 2 tbsps chopped garlic
- 1 serrano pepper large or jalepeno , seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tsps coriander ground
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup yogurt plain
- 1/2 cup water
- Whisk together 3 tbsp oil, cayenne, turmeric, 1tsp salt.
- Add paneer cubes to a bowl and coat with mixture, toss to coat thoroughly and evenly
- thaw spinach in microwave about 5 minutes, process in food processor til smooth
- Heat wok to medium high and add paneer, fry til browned on all sides- about 1-2 mins, remove from pan and set aside
- add 1 1/2 tbsp oil, onion, ginger, garlic and chile and saute til toffee coloured- about 15 mins
- Mix together garam masala, coriander and cumin, add to onions in pan and stir thoroughly to mix. Cook 3-5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add the spinach and stir to fully combine with onions, add salt and water and cook 5 mins
- Turn off heat and add yogurt a little at a time stirring constantly so yogurt doesnt curdle.
- Turn heat back on and cook, covered for 5 mins