Pappardelle with chicken, sun dried tomato and spinach white wine cream sauce
Pappardelle with a chicken, sun dried tomato and spinach white wine cream sauce
Servings: 3 servings
- 1 lb chicken breast sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper
- 4 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomato chopped
- 3/4 - 1 cup fresh basil cut chiffonade
- Bring a pot of water to boil to cook your pappardelle to package directions as you make the sauce.
- Heat olive oil at medium high in a large pan. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper
- Cook chicken til no longer pink. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon to preserve the juices.
- Add the garlic and italian seasoning and saute 3 minutes til fragrant. Add the spinach and tomatoes, stir to coat with the juices, cover and cook one minute til spinach is wilted
- Remove everything from the pan with the slotted spoon. Turn the heat to high and add the white wine. Scrape the pan til smooth. Simmer on high for 1 minute then reduce heat to medium.
- Melt in the butter then add the flour and stir to form a roux. Add the cream, chicken broth and parmesan. Stir til the sauce is smooth.
- Return the chicken and vegetables to the sauce and simmer on medium for 5 minutes.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it and fold it into the sauce. Serve garnished with basil and freshly grated parmesan