Havarti Stuffed Burgers with Lemon and Garlic Zucchini Noodles
Havarti Stuff Burgers with Lemon and Garlic Zucchini Noodles
Servings: 4 servings
- 550-600 g ground beef
- 5 tsp chopped garlic split into 2 bowls
- 1/2 tsp beef bouillon crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp steak seasoning
- 4 slices havarti cheese
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 4 medium zucchini spiralized
- 1 tbsp hot sauce your choice
- olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- red pepper flakes for garnish (optional)
- Squeeze the zucchini noodles in a ball of cheese cloth to press out some of the moisture.
- In a large pan heat olive oil, then add noodles and season liberally with salt. The salt will help to draw out even more moisture from the zucchini so your noodles wont get soggy
- Saute the noodles on medium high until they are fully limp- 5-8 minutes.
- While the noodles saute, mix together all the burger ingredients and half the garlic, but not the cheese. Split the meat into 8 equal balls and press them flat into patties the same size as your cheese slices. Make 4 burgers, each with a slice of cheese sandwiched between 2 patties.
- Remove the noodles from the pan to a colander to further drain.
- Melt the butter in the pan on medium high, add the burgers and cook 5 minutes per side. When the burgers are done, remove them from the pan with a slotted spatula, leaving the grease.
- Turn the pan to high heat until the grease is sizzling well, add the hot sauce, rest of the garlic, Italian seasoning and lemon juice. Use a flat edge spatula to scrape the bottom of the pan and mix the sauce. Return the noodles to the pan, reduce heat to medium and toss to fully coat. Serve with the burger, optionally garnished with more parsley and red pepper flakes.