Any fish you have on hand will do, really. I just happened to have tilapia on hand.
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 tilapia small filets
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup peas frozen
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1 tsp paprika smoked
- 1 tsp thyme
- Cook the rice and peas in the beef broth til done to package direction
- Melt the butter on medium high in a medium skillet
- evenly season the fish fillets on both sides with the paprika, thyme, salt and pepper
- Sautee the fish in the butter about 2 mins per side, then remove from the pan and cover.
- Deglaze the skillet with 1 tbsp lemon juice, scraping to get all the brown bits.
- Drain the rice of any remaining broth, then add to the skillet and stir to coat with the remaining butter.
- Dice the fillets and return them to the skillet with the other 1tbsp lemon juice, stirring to combine with the rice.