Lamb Bun Kabab
With mango chutney
Servings: 2 Sandwiches
- 1 lb ground Lamb
- 5 clove garlic pressed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- vegetable oil for frying
- 4 large egg
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 pinch salt
- 2 pinch pepper
- 4 tbsp Mango Chutney see recipe link
- 2 sub roll halved and buttered
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process on low until the meat turns into one big ball and rolls around the processor- 30-60 seconds
- Split the meat into 2 balls, then press into patties slightly wider and longer than the buns
- Heat oil in a 12" skillet on medium, the oil should completely cover the bottom of the pan.
- When the oil is shimmering cook the patty- 2-3 minutes per side, or until the patty reaches an internal temp of 145F. Remove from pan and set aside
- Whisk together all the ingredients.
- Drain the pan of most of the oil from the patty. Cook the eggs in 2 batches.
- pour half the eggs into the pan and turn the pan to coat the entire bottom. Cook covered for 90 seconds, then uncover, fold the sides into the center like an envelope, cover and cook another 1-2 minutes . Repeat with the second omelette.
- After the eggs are cooked drain the majority of the remaining oil, then toast the buns in the pan to desired doneness. About 2-3 minutes.
- While the bread toasts toss together the peppers, onion and cilantro
- From bottom to top: bread heel, salad, egg, kabab, chutney, top
- Cut in half and serve
Calories: 1330kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 57g | Fat: 91g | Saturated Fat: 36g | Cholesterol: 568mg | Sodium: 1891mg | Potassium: 813mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 1350IU | Vitamin C: 40mg | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 17mg